Tuesday 14 July 2020

Chapter 1. The beginning

Within a short period of time – about five years, I went through a lot of change.  Five years might seem a lot or a little depending on your view, but my life has spanned 53 years and the intensity of this period felt all-consuming.  Finally, it has begun to flat line in a really good way.  The flat line is often associated with the end of life, but for me, I feel like it’s a calm beginning. 

During that period of turmoil, a wonderful thing happened.  I met a man who loves me, encourages and inspires me in ways I never thought possible and when our worlds collided, a journey began that has taken us to the place we now call home.  

A dear friend of mine once said that no one would ever believe the things you have been through.  You should write a book.  

The idea for a book has come to me a few times, and I always thought I would be writing about something very different to what I am, but my journey has taken me to places and through experiences I never imagined and throughout all of this, there was a constant force –resilience - the thing that enables us to cope, no matter what might be going on around you and the desire for wanting things to be better today, then they were yesterday.  I am grateful for these and other  qualities as they have helped me weather many a storm.

Let’s begin shall we.  Once upon a time……

Hang on, that’s a different story. Mine is a story of courage and strength and it starts like this.

“I want a divorce!”

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to your story đŸ’™đŸ‘©đŸ»‍đŸŠČ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why am I so drawn to saying ‘hold on folks, this is going to be one hell of a ride’ ? XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this the other day and was caught up in your writing ... I cannot wait to read your story

    ReplyDelete